We read and accept submissions all year round!
Please have a look at our submission guidelines below:
- Age: You must be 18 years or older to enter (sorry!).
- Language: We welcome submissions in English, Hindi, Urdu, and Rajasthani, for now. We will be adding support for other Indian Languages soon. (We are on constant lookout for partners and editors in Indian languages; if you think you can help us, please apply here)
- Content: The content should be original and should not violate copyright laws. There should not be any slander against any individual, institution or religion.
- Content Length: For poetry submissions, anything from a Haiku to a Sonnet, to a long poem upto 40 lines is acceptable. Prose submissions (story or essay) have a word limit of upto 3000 words.
- Previous Publication: Works that have been previously published elsewhere are eligible, with the understanding that you own re-publishing rights to them.
- How to submit: Fill out the form below, and attach your submission (in word format).
- File Size: File size may not exceed 2MB.
- Rights: Please make sure that you own the complete, transferable rights to all elements of the submission.
- Submission Quantity: Multiple submissions are welcome, and encouraged.
By submitting to Kaavya, you give us permission to use your submissions (in original formats, as well as with modifications) in our online or print publications and at our social media pages.
Note! Please note that submissions which do not meet these rules may be disqualified. Submission does not guarantee acceptance.
The Kaavya is looking for the following kinds of submissions:
- Poetry- text, audio and video poems
- Short stories
- Non-fiction and critical or reflective essays
- Literary criticism
- Conversations/ interviews with authors or artists
- Book reviews (also books in other than the English Language)
- Opinion pieces
- Photographic essays
- If your submission has not been accepted (we do read and review each submission very carefully), please wait at least three months before sending it to us again.